Hyundai TCR i30 N
Hyundai’s first high-performance car for circuit racing
Designed and developed by Hyundai Motorsport Customer Racing, the Hyundai i30 N TCR has been put through its paces in an extensive testing programme on circuits across Europe. Since April 2017, it has clocked up thousands of kilometres with lead test driver and former touring car champion Gabriele Tarquini at the wheel.
Built to the increasingly popular TCR specifications and honed on specialist racetracks, it is eligible for a growing number of touring car and endurance categories around the world.
‘’With the i30 N TCR, Hyundai Motorsport has taken a bold step into circuit racing. We have successfully combined the top touring car experience of our Customer Racing Department with the knowledge from our years of competition in rallying to offer a complete package.
I am excited to see our customers race the i30 N TCR to the top step of podiums around the world’’.
Hyundai Motorsport Team Principal
The Drivers View
The Hyundai i30 N TCR allows drivers to step in and immediately harness the full 350hp available at the wheels. A 2-litre turbo engine helps lead the charge on track by delivering power directly controlled at the fingertips through a 6-speed paddle shift sequential gearbox.
All this wrapped in a striking, aerodynamic shell, the i30 N TCR has a commanding track presence aided by its high-downforce rear wing.
The result is an agile car that responds instantly.
‘’This is a true high-performance machine. The i30
N TCR is very impressive and rewarding to drive.
Behind the wheel, you are instantly aware that the i30 N TCR has many features normally associated with more technically-sophisticated and costly touring car categories’’.
Official test driver and former WTCC champion
- Transverse mounted, 2-litre turbocharged engine with direct injection, intercooled
- Life Racing ECU and data acquisition system
Suspension & Steering
- Hydraulic steering rack
- Front McPherson struts
- Rear 4-arm multi-link
- Adjustable dampers
- Front Bespoke Brembo 6-piston monobloc calipers with Ø380mm ventilated brake discs, rear 2-piston monobloc calipers with Ø278mm ventilated brake discs
- Adjustable pedal box with spherical bearing-mounted Brembo master cylinders Goodridge braided hoses and fittings
- Pneumatic paddle shift operated, 6-speed sequential gearbox with external preload adjustment
- Multi-disc motorsport clutch
- Motorsport-specification driveshafts
- Hyundai Motorsport-designed lightweight high-tensile steel roll cage
- Strengthened production body shell, painted-white interior and exterior
- Body panels from steel and GFC
- Length: 4,450mm
- Width: 1,950mm
- Wheel base: 2,650mm
- Track width: 1,700mm
- Minimum weight: 1,285kg (including driver, complying with TCR regulations)
Specifications subject to change
- Sabelt 330mm flat steering wheel
- Sabelt race seats and 6-point HANS compatible harness
- Lifeline fire extinguisher system
- 100-litre fuel tank with endurance refuelling capability
- Braid i30 N TCR-specific 10”x18” rims
Package / On-event support
Every Hyundai i30 N TCR is delivered fully assembled, ‘ready to race’ and with white-painted interior and exterior.
A handover pack is provided with each car to help get up to speed.
Roll cage certificate
Fuel cell certificate
Catalytic converter certificate
User manual (PDF version)
Spare parts catalogue (PDF version)
Odyssey PC680 lightweight race battery
Hyundai Motorsport offers the following additional services:
Trackside engineering support*
On-event parts truck**
To discuss the Hyundai i30 N TCR in detail please contact:
Andrew Johns - Senior Sales Associate
E-mail – email@example.com
Veronica Boni - Sales Associate
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead times will no doubt be available confirmed at point of order with initial deliveries from December 2017.
All sales are Ex-Works.
*available on request, fees may apply
**at selected events
- The information supplied within this website is subject to change and whilst every effort is made to supply correct information please contact Hyundai as directed for confirmation.
- No liability is accepted by N Sport for subsequent changes